- To the flag when entering and leaving the dojang.
- When entering the Dojang for the first time, bow to the Master.
- When approaching Master or Black Belts with a question.
- During class to other students like when being courteous and handing equipment to each other.
- Maintain positive and respectful attitude at all times.
- Students must respect and obey instructors and use the word “Sir” or “Ma'am” when addressing them.
- Casual conversation is not permitted during training.
Dobuk and Equipment
- Clean dobok to be worn at all times unless otherwise given specific permission, e.g. outdoor or summer training.
- Junior students may wear doboks to and from class. Senior students must not wear doboks to and from class unless covered by other clothing such as a track suit.
- Students are not to wear their belts outside of the dojang unless participating in a formal Taekwondo activity.
- Yellow belt students and higher must have all protective sparring gear. Children under 12 years old do not have to wear a mouth guard.
- Instructors must arrive 15 minutes before class.
- Members must attend classes regularly and arrive 5-10 minutes before class starts.
- When arriving late during the warm-up: 25 push-ups and kneel at the back of the Dojang until invited by the instructor to join the class.
- When arriving late after the warm-up: 25 push-ups, followed by 5 minutes of warming-up (jumping jacks, squats, stretching) and then kneel at the back of the Dojang until invited by the instructor to join the class.
- Line-up/circle-up by rank upon being called, no talking, eyes forward, hands behind back.
- When adjust your dobok, turn and face away from the instructor.
Students must help keep the Dojang clean
- Help set-up Dojang (e.b. chairs, equipment, floor) so class can start on time.
- Help clean Dojang at the end of the class so everybody can leave soon after the class.
- Students have to show consistent attendance and effort during session to qualify for testing
- All students must demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skill in all categories (Striking Techniques, Kyorugi, Poomse, Self-Defense) for level and age under pressure.
- Not all students will be asked to take test nor will all studetns pass all tests all the time.
- All students are expected to participate in all tests at their belt level whether being graded or not.
- All black belts are expected to participate in all tests, perform at a black belt level and help with testing as directed by the higher ranking Black Belts.